Estate Administration And Probate Lawyers
The death of a loved one brings a number of complex legal matters for surviving family members, including succession and estate administration or probate.
In Louisiana, a Succession proceeding is the process of transferring legal title of the assets of the deceased to his or her successors. There are two types of successions, testate and intestate:
- A testate succession occurs when the decedent dies with a will.
- An intestate succession occurs when the decedent leaves no will behind. In an intestate succession, the assets are divided among heirs in accordance with Louisiana statutes.
If you are seeking representation for a succession or any estate administration or probate matter in Louisiana, the attorneys of Sessions’ Estate Planning and Probate Group are here for you. We have been a trusted source of legal representation for New Orleans families since 1958.
Estate Administration or Probate
The estate administration/probate process entails numerous legal and financial issues, including:
- Identifying and appraising assets;
- Computing and paying taxes;
- Negotiating with and paying creditors; and
- Transferring legal title to Successors.
Estate administration or probate can be complex, but with an experienced legal team guiding you through the process, you can avoid much of the difficulty and expense. Our lawyers will work with you personally to protect your rights and lead you through the process.
Contact Our Skilled Attorneys
Our New Orleans lawyers are here to guide you through all aspects of succession and estate or probate administration. Contact us online or by telephone at 504-582-1500 to arrange a consultation with a knowledgeable estate administration and probate lawyer.