April L. Watson
April L. Watson practices primarily in the areas general litigation, including successions and trust litigation, state tax litigation, construction, and products liability. She represents clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout Louisiana and in multi-district litigation.
Ms. Watson serves on the Board of Directors for Court Appointed Special Advocates of New Orleans. She also serves on the Louisiana Bar Association’s Children’s Law Committee, and served for six years as the Community Outreach coordinator for the Association for Women Attorneys. In 2014, Ms. Watson was awarded the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Ms. Watson earned her undergraduate degree from California Lutheran University and her law degree from Loyola School of Law, where she was a recipient of the Loyola Law Dean’s Scholarship. She also earned a certificate in international law, and studied law in Vienna, Austria, Budapest, Hungary, and San Jose, Costa Rica.
She is a member of the New Orleans, Louisiana State and Federal Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Commerical Litigation
- Health Care
- Litigation Services
- Product Liability Defense
- Securities Litigation and Enforcement
- Tort & Insurance
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certificate in International Law
- Louisiana, 2004
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Law Degree
- Honors: Graduated in the Top Ten percent of the Division
- Honors: Loyola Law Dean’s Scholarship
- Honors: Certificate in international law
- Major: Common and Civil Law
- California Lutheran University
- Major: Communication
Honors and Awards
- President’s Volunteer Service Award, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Orleans State and Federal Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State and Federal Bar Association, Member
- Community Outreach Coordinator for the Association of Women Attorneys, Board of Directors
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of New Orleans, Immediate Past President of the Board of Directors
- Louisiana Bar Association’s Children’s Law Committee, Member, 2011 – Present
- Association for Women Attorneys, Past Board Member and Community Outreach Coordinator